WISING YOU A BLESSED START TO 2014!
DATES: October 21st – October 30th
COST: $225* / Register with a Friend and save $20
TO REGISTER: firstname.lastname@example.org / (443) 226-7665
DETOX PLAN INCLUDES:
- Pre-Detox Guidebook Outlining the 10-day Program
- A Medical Food designed to enhance Detox Pathways in the Liver
- Shaker Cup for Easy-To-Mix Protein Shakes
- Detox Friendly Recipes
- Daily E-mail updates with Wellness Tips and More!
- An On-Line Forum to share your experiences & ask Dr. Emily questions
- An opportunity to heal your body, clear your mind, and awaken your spirit!
The program follows the Metagenics Clear Change Detox Program – a 10-Day program which includes a progressive elimination diet and the use of a protein powder designed to increase detox pathways in the liver. This is not a “colon cleanse” type of program and participants will be eating REAL food throughout the entire detox.
Past participants reported feeling “a greater sense of clarity, lighter and more joyful” after the cleanse along with “improved mood, better sleep and less anxiety.”
I believe this is the fourth or fifth time I’ve participated in this detox and each time has proved to be very unique. Sometimes the process is highly challenging – this time around I actually truly enjoyed each day so far. I experimented with new recipes and enjoyed some time for introspection. Some things I’ve discovered are simple yet so exciting – like the fact that I’ve never tried the roasted broccoli before and it is amazing! Doing this detox forces me to work through underlying emotions versus just ‘emotional eating’, which I tend to do from time to time.
NOTE: Detoxification programs are not indicated for women who are pregnant or actively trying to become pregnant. Individuals with serious illness, liver or kidney conditions are also not advised to participate.
*Part of the proceeds will benefit the Maryland Association of Naturopathic Physicians’ legislative efforts for licensure.
REGISTRATION ENDS WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 16th- LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE
The Grand Finale to Naturopathic Medicine Week!
In a world where we walk on concrete and look more often at our cell phone screens than make eye contact with passers-by, it is easy to forget that we are made of the similar nutrients and molecules as the trees along our path or the stars in the sky.
Today’s Challenge: Reconnect with Nature
- Smell a Rose
- Touch the Bark of a Tree
- Listen to the rustle of the Fall leaves in the breeze
- Taste the refreshing sweetness of a tart apple
- Watch the Sunset or Look for the Moon
I wish you continued health and healing as you implement these practices into your daily life.
The beautiful colors that engage our senses in the produce aisle are a crafty design of Nature meant to not only appeal to our palates but also to nourish our bodies. What gives blueberries their bluish-purple hue (bioflavonoids) are the same nutrients that helps to protect our veins and arteries from stress and inflammation. And the deep oranges and yellows (beta-carotene) in squash that we are drawn to in the Fall help to ward off colds and the flu by strengthening our immune systems. Let the natural anti-oxidants found in fruits and vegetables protect you from environmental stressors and reawaken your cellular vitality.
Today’s Challenge: 5 TO THRIVE!
Look at how simple it is!!
Breakfast (2 servings):
- Protein Smoothie* with 1 banana & 1 cup berries
- Egg scramble with spinach and mushrooms
Lunch (1 – 2 servings)
- Pack an apple and carrot sticks
- Mixed green salad topped with sliced avocado
Dinner (2 – 3 servings)
- Side dishes of broccoli and mashed sweet potatoes
- Veggie stir fry with bok choy, carrots, & snap peas
* If you are going to make juice or a smoothie – keep the pulp in the glass. When the pulp is removed from the fruit or veggies, the remaining juice will spike the blood sugar levels. Keeping the fiber with the juice will give you more health benefits and balance your blood sugar!
Today’s Challenge: TAKE A WALK
Walking is a wonderful and gentle way to support healthy blood pressure, calm anxiety, boost metabolism and improve mood! And if you don’t believe me – this video is very convincing ~
Feeling well can begin with reconnecting to the fundamentals of health – it’s as simple as taking a deep breath. Tuning into the breath and allowing it to slow and deepen can significantly shift physiology and neurochemistry while activating the part of the nervous system that invites the body to “rest” and “digest.”
Today’s Challenge: TAKE A BREAK / TAKE A BREATH
A common excuse for avoiding meditation is “I don’t have time.” Today I challenge to you find the time during your coffee break, when your child goes down for a nap or after you get home from work. Try to take 20 minutes to follow this guided meditation and if enough of us do this – perhaps there will be a ripple effect of more peace, more love, more joy and more deep breaths going out into the world.